Tuesday, April 10, 2012

peekaboo!!

my son is 9 months old! i can't believe it! time is flying by.





i decided it was time to update my mantle. it was collecting random things and was overall super ugly. for some reason my computer won't show the before picture, even though i've uploaded it twice from my camera. ?!?!?! i don't get it! anyways, before the 'fireplace' had one of those ugly fake wood gas things. i had my husband remove it and i painted the inside white instead of yucky black. 


 everything was mostly thrifted. those wooden thread spools took a long time to remove the thread! good thing my husband did it any not me ;) i thrifted the candle holder and glued it to the thrifted jar! the window picture had an ugly beach scene in it, so i removed that and used the cardboard pieces to modpodge the two fabric backdrops to cover the huge ugly mirror.




i thrifted that cool scrolly picture frame and removed the glass and sprayed it white. the man is from ikea and i thrifted that cool wooden sewing machine. i love how it turned out!

No comments: