Thursday, March 31, 2011

craft challenge: day 14

well today was kind of a fail. I actually spent the day painting the nursery with my mom, but I don't want to take pictures because all the furniture is pushed to the center of the room and it looks messy in there! Possibly tomorrow I will straighten it out and take a picture.

Tonight Tom and I had our second lamaze class. its so funny to me and everything makes me laugh. we watched real birth videos and actually saw them coming out of the vagina! holy shit! it made me kind of nervous and made me sort of second guess the idea of going without an epidural. I really don't want to use drugs, but it also seems so intense and exhausting. but its also making me think I'd be such a burden on people if I don't use the drugs. its like the doctors easy way out. I don't know...

well thats all for tonight. Tom made me get up early to go to his grandmothers funeral and he ended up backing out so I'm so soso sosooo tired right now.

xoxo

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I wouldn't worry about the epidural. It's scary to think about, I know. I had two natural birth kiddos and I felt the same way the first time: wondering if I would be burdensome to other people, nervous, scared. Then I think about the baby and what's best for her (mine were girls) and I remembered that doctors and nurses are paid to put up with any of my crap ;). And, honestly, you forget about the pain after the baby comes. It's tough in the thick of it, but it's sooooooo worth it. The baby's not lethargic, and they look at you with those big eyes and really SEE you. So, so awesome. And if you do get the epidural, you're not a bad mom at all. It's there as back up for the long haul. You'll do fine. :)

And I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother-in-law. Those are tough things to get through.

sewoeno said...

I hope I can do it without drugs! but after watching the videos it freaked me out. haha.


& thanks, although it doesn't seem TERRIBLE because that side of the family kind of shunned my fiance and his sister 10 years ago. they were only going to go to spite them all.