Sunday, April 3, 2011

craft challenge: day 17

I didn't feel very well yesterday at all. I freaked myself out and didn't think I felt the baby for a super long time. So I called one of those nurse hotlines and she recommended that I go to the hospital. Of course I did that and within seconds of being strapped in with the heart monitor and what not, he started moving. I swear I wasn't making it up though! I felt like such an idiot.

Today was my 24th birthday. My fiance got me a new pink hairdryer and a 1in curling iron. I'm pretty excited!! My mom also came over and helped me stuff some invite envelopes for the baby shower... They are going out so much later then I wanted. Oops.

I made a baby quilt today! Its out of the fabric I purchased from the joanns going out of business here. We started setting up the nursery too. We mostly just organized the furniture, which my dad bought me off craigslist. Good old Ikea furniture, its so stinkin' cute.


I wanted to make something SUPER simple for the fact I only had two fabrics. I was lucky I had some brown & green for binding! I used this "Nine Patch" pattern, stitched-in-the-ditch around the middle piece and did a diagonal across the 9in blocks. Then I just did a zig-zag to hold the binding down. I love love love this. Took me about 2 hours total.


<3 Amber

No comments: